Wed. - Sat.
12 - 6
Sun. - Tues.
Order online 24-7
for shipping or
Clement Dodd, the founder of the iconic Studio One label, was a fierce proponent of Marcus Garvey's message of self-reliance, having heard it in his youth. Over the years he recorded and produced many songs that expressed the yearnings and feelings of his fellow Jamaicans. Afrikan Blood is a timely release that captures some of the roots reggae songs that speak to injustices that still exist today. Many of the songs on Afrikan Blood are previously unreleased or unreleased stereo mixes by foundation artists like Alton Ellis, The Gaylads, The Wailing Souls and Freddie McGregor.
As Judah Eskender Tafari sings, "Afrikan Blood keeps on flowing through my veins.'
1. Al Campbell & Freddie McGregor - Born A Free Man [Previously unreleased on LP]
2. Rodley Brissett - Justice & Peace [Previously unreleased on LP]
3. Judah Eskender Tafari - Afrikan Blood (Take 2) [Previously unreleased]
4. Lloyd Anderson - The Lion Has Returned (Take 3) [Previously unreleased]
5. Lloyd & Gerald - Thy Man Look Into Thyself [Previously unreleased on LP]
6. Dennis Lovelock - King Alpha (Take 2) [Previously unreleased]
7. The Gaylads - I Am Free [Previously unreleased stereo mix]
8. Alton Ellis & Zoot Simms - We're Gonna Climb [Previously unreleased]
9. The Wailing Souls - Hooray (It's Festival Time) [Previously unreleased]
10. Zoot Simms & Arthur Robinson - Drought [Previously unreleased stereo mix]
11. The Viceroys - Rasta Leaves His Footprints (12" Mix) [Previously unreleased]
12. The Willows - Send Another Moses [Previously unreleased on LP]
13. Dudley Sibbley - Love In Our Nation (Take 1) [Previously unreleased stereo mix]
14. Larry Marshall - Freedom Song [Previously unreleased on LP]
311-B Jefferson St. Lafayette, LA 70501
OPEN: Wednesday thru Saturday
12 p.m. - 4 p.m.
NOPE: Sunday, Monday & Tuesday
*SEALED* Jacket still sealed in shrink original wrap; disc sold ungraded or "as is."
NM (Near Mint) Appears unplayed and will bear no marks, sleeve scuffs, or scratches.
EX+ (Excellent) May have one or two visible imperfections (i.e. sleeve scuffs, faint scratches, or other superficial marks) that will not affect playback.
VG+ (Very Good+) A few visible imperfections. These may include sleeve scuffs, light scratches, or other superficial marks.
VG (Very Good) Similar imperfections found on VG+ records but in slightly greater numbers. Records graded VG and above will typically not have any scratches that are deep enough to be felt with a fingernail.
VG- (Very Good-) A number of visible imperfections; the presence of a considerable number of light scratches will force a VG- grade, as will the presence of significant isolated defects such as scratches deep enough to be felt with a fingernail.
G (Good) Record can be played without skipping, but will have significant surface noise, scratches, and visible groove wear. G+ and G- are used to indicate stronger and weaker copies within this range.
*SW/DNAP* Slight warp, does not affect playback
*QUAD* Quadraphonic Sound, similar to today’s surround sound
All records are visually graded by our experienced staff, using a bright lamp and an Audio-Technica ATLP-120 turntable.